Coming back

I arrived in Holland just a little over a week ago. It was hard leaving Thailand, not so much because I thought I was never going to go back, but because it was scary to start a new chapter of my life. I have been living with the same people in the same place for a long time now and it was all so good. We all started living in Thailand about a year and a half ago and were all so eager to travel and experience new things. We had pool parties on rooftops, long talks on the beach, we traveled all around Asia and we all became such good friends, as we came here alone and we all had to rely on strangers. We danced in the jungle and ran around with our waterguns during the Songkran festival. And how many summer love stories do I have for you! From lovers that would stay together forever, to a guy that had a new summer love every night. But whatever you did, all that mattered was that you were happy.

Sitting in the plane, looking back, I wondered if it was ever going to be the same again. What was Holland going to do with me? So many things are changing. I am going to start my university, I’ll start acting again and I have so many places I want to go this year. As I think about all these things, the plane takes off.

The following days are amazing. I see my friends and family again and it feels like as if we have never been apart. The weather is great and it’s as if I am 15 again; I have butterflies in my tummy, the scent of fresh summer air everywhere around me and all I see is happy faces. We ride around the parks on our bicycles, make music and have drinks on the beach. All the girls walk around in their bikini’s and all the guys show off their six packs that they have been training so hard for. It’s hot and we’re tipsy and another vodka tonic and Mrs. White Widow make us fall asleep on our little beach beds.